My husband is a very loyal, die-hard Ohio State Buckeyes football fan. So much so that I made him a mini Ohio State Buckeyes Christmas tree last year.
For another I love you present last year, I made him this Star Wars O-H-I-O sign to hang up in his home office. This sign is one of the few things I like about his home office. It is such an I.T. man cave. The first time my dad ever walked into that room, he shouted, “You could control NASA from in here!” I don’t like going in there, I am always afraid of breaking something.
Anyway…my husband loves the Buckeyes and he loves Star Wars, so when I saw someone wearing this one Ohio State Stormtrooper t-shirt in the mall, I knew I had to recreate it at home.
The Silhouette Cameo machine is one of the greatest things ever invented and I love making t-shirts with it. Eventually, my guys are probably going to get sick of me trying to put images on every single plain t-shirt they own.
“Can’t I just have a PLAIN shirt?” Um, no.
Star Wars : Would You Rather?
a booklet full of fun Star Wars themed questions for kids
To make the Stormtrooper
- I found a large, clear image online and uploaded it to the Silhouette software.
- Using the trace feature, I traced the outside edge and cut out that shape on white heat transfer vinyl.
- Using the trace option again, I traced all the features of the Stormtrooper’s helmet and cut out those on black heat transfer vinyl.
- Next, I cut a small red strip to go on the top of the Stormtrooper’s helmet to make it resemble a Buckeye football helmet.
- The pieces can be ironed onto the shirt in layers. First, the white layer. Then position the small red stripe under the black layer, but make sure the red does not overlap any black. Then iron those on at the same time.
I have found that using 2 pieces of regular printer paper works the best when ironing heat transfer vinyl.
Obviously, he loved it.
And speaking of cool Star Wars stuff…
DK Publishing regularly sends me new books to review. Since, we are always on the lookout for more Star Wars books to add to our collection, I was happy to see one of their latest books is an updated and expanded version of Star Wars Character Encyclopedia. It is currently the #1 best seller in movie encyclopedias and for very good reason!
This brand new version was released in April and contains every character you need to know from the original trilogy, the prequel trilogy, and the latest installment in the sequel trilogy, The Force Awakens. This book has been GREAT for me personally. I’ve mentioned before that, much to the horror of the guys in my house, I’ve never been a big Star Wars fan. Star Trek is more for me. However, The Force Awakens was so amazing that it converted me into a bigger fan.
After that, I knew needed to brush up on some Star Wars knowledge and this simple guide was perfect for me. It gave me a quick overview of everything I needed to know in order to finally understand some of the frequent Star Wars conversations that go on in my house. The very large, full-body photos of each character were extremely helpful.
Check out some sample pages below. Click on each one to make it larger.
*Disclosure: this post may contain affiliate links.